Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Prop Styling 101

Launching a new business means being a part of everything from taxes, to production, to styling. Lately, I've been really trying to focus on making an eye-catching display that will suit my jewelry well. After 2 weekends, and every store in Portland later (or at least it felt like that...), I now know how prop stylists feel. My apartment has turned into a glorified storage unit that I somehow have to live in. There is literally STUFF everywhere. I have flowers, vases, books, windows, magazines, etc. Also, everything in my life has become a potential prop. Hmm would my coffee cup look good with a pair of earrings? Does this flower overpower my necklace? All I can say is, I hope this madness leads to a great display, and kudos to all the prop stylists out there. It is not an easy job!

No pictures, you say? You'll just have to stop by one of my shows to see what I've come up with!

My current obsession: EVERYTHING IN THE J.CREW CATALOG. But mainly this...


Happy Tuesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment