Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Diva hair

This morning, I had the pleasure of being a hair model on AM Northwest (a local morning show.)  What an experience that was.... I had to roll in to the salon at 6:30 this morning so the stylist could tone my hair. Then she did did my hair (I got to arrive at the station with rollers in my hair!), and even my makeup. I can't believe it took 2 and a half hours of prep, not to mention the 2 hours it took last week to color my hair, for a 4 minute segment. I didn't even get to have a name. I was known simply as, model. When we got on set, it was super tiny, and the robotic cameras were constantly moving about. I was on and off the air in just a few minutes, and now I'll be known as "that girl with hair like the celebs." Someone even told me I looked like I belonged in InStyle magazine. (I changed that to Vogue in my head, of course...) No, I won't let this go to my head, and I'm not expecting MTV to call anytime soon. It was an interesting peek into the world of television, though.

If you're interested in trying the ombré look, or just want a good haircut for the holidays, check out Deborah at About Hair by Richard Herrara. She's the best!

Want to see some awkward modeling? Check out the segment!




Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim! I was checking out your jewelry on etsy and I found your blog. Your hair looks awesome, do you like it? I hope you are doing well, it has been so long since we worked on the Collegian together.

    ReplyDelete