Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Trébol: a Mexi Northwestern delight


Last night I had the pleasure of sampling the delights of Trébol. This restaurant is located on north Portland just south of Alberta and offers a Mexican palette with Northwest flair. I started the evening with a blood orange mint margarita. It was strong yet flavorful.

 
I opted to sample a few appetizers instead of an entrée. I had veggie panuchos, mushroom fondue and goat cheese tostadas. The portions were small, but the flavor rich. For dessert I sampled a hibiscus ice cream with sponge cake and bread pudding with chocolate ice cream. The hibiscus ice cream was the perfect combination of sweet and tart flavor. While the bread pudding was not my favorite, the chocolate ice cream was a nice break from the saltiness of the pudding.

The ambience was dark and quiet. The staff was super friendly and nice. Overall, I enjoyed the experience. It's a little out of budget for me (thank you, Live Social deal). Although, I've heard they have quite the Taco Tuesday deal. $10 for a shot of tequila, 2 tacos and a tall boy PBR. Done.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment